Soft Tissue Laser Dentistry – Falls Church, VA
Improve the Appearance & Health of Your Smile
At Tysons Dental Esthetics, we are dedicated to using the latest dentistry techniques and technologies to deliver safer, faster, and more comfortable dental services. We use advanced digital technologies to diagnose oral health concerns in the earliest stages, we can flawlessly design a complete smile restoration using state-of-the-art software, and our dental office can even provide same day dental crowns, bridges, and other restorations. Soft tissue lasers allow us to provide a variety of advanced treatments with less discomfort during procedures, greater precision, and faster healing time with reduced risk for infection. If you want to learn more about the advanced treatments and technologies, including state-of-the-art soft tissue laser dentistry in our Falls Church dental office, call to schedule an appointment at Tysons Dental Esthetics today.
How Does Soft Tissue Laser Therapy Work?
We can provide a number of treatments using soft tissue lasers that would usually require the use of scalpels and sutures. Unfortunately, these treatments cause significant discomfort and can increase the risk for infection. Soft tissue laser treatments are much more comfortable. The high intensity light waves target only the damaged tissues safely and painlessly removing the areas that are damaged. The laser cauterizes as it removes tissue, reducing bleeding and ensuring patients make a complete recovery with little to no discomfort.
What Services Are Performed with Soft Tissue Lasers?
We can offer a wide range of soft tissue laser treatments, including:
- Scaling – removal of plaque and tartar and damaged or diseased tissue below the gum line to restore oral health for patients suffering from periodontal disease
- Root planing – smoothing of tooth roots to prevent the buildup of plaque and tartar that can cause gum disease
- Gum recontouring – cosmetically reshaping the gum line to create an improved appearance
- Crown lengthening – similar to gum recontouring, this treatment is performed to reveal more of a damaged tooth to ensure it can support a dental crown
- Removal of sores – soft tissue sores and lesions that don’t heal on their own may be removed using a laser
- Frenectomy – the removal of excess soft tissue that causes lip or tongue tie
- Orthodontic preparation – in some cases, small amounts of soft tissue may be removed to allow for easier adjustments using bracket and wire braces
- Tooth extraction – as part of surgical tooth removal, a laser may be used to expose the dental structures
What are the Benefits of Laser Therapy?
There are a number of benefits to using soft tissue lasers rather than traditional scalpel and suture treatment methods, including:
- Treatments are faster and offer increased precision. The laser allows us to target only specific areas, preserving healthy structures.
- During treatment, your gums will bleed less. The laser cauterizes as it removes tissue, protecting patients’ smiles and making laser treatment much more comfortable.
- Following your procedure, the gums heal in just a few days with minimal risk for infection. This is essential for patients who are suffering from gum disease as they are at significant risk for oral health issues if their soft tissue doesn’t heal quickly.