Mini Dental Implants – Falls Church, Virginia
Innovative Implant Dentistry to Keep You Smiling
At Tysons Dental Esthetics, we work hard to incorporate all the latest in dental techniques and technologies to ensure patients receive high quality, long lasting dental treatments in a welcoming dental office where you’ll feel right at home. Mini dental implant tooth replacement is one of the many innovative treatment options we utilize. This tooth replacement option allows us to offer a complete restoration option the repairs the smile from the roots up whether you’ve lost one tooth, several teeth, or a full arch. If you want to learn more about dental implant tooth replacement, call to schedule a consultation appointment in our Falls Church dental office.
What are Mini Dental Implants?
Mini dental implants are smaller versions of implant posts that are used to replace missing tooth roots. Traditional dental implants range in size from 3.5 mm to 6 mm. A mini implant is just 2 mm to 3.5 mm. That means the tooth replacement process is more conservative and patients’ chances for successful implantation are significantly higher.
How do Mini Implants Work?
Mini dental implants work much like traditional implant posts. Surgically placed into the jawbone, implants fuse with the supportive gum and bone tissues, mimicking the function of tooth roots in order to provide more natural support and function for any number of replacement teeth. Traditional implant posts need several months to fuse with the supportive structures. Mini implants are much less invasive to place, and they can often support a replacement tooth right away.
Why Would You Choose Mini Dental Implants?
We use mini implant posts in a number of different situations, including:
- To support a smaller replacement tooth (like those in the front of the mouth)
- To allow patients to complete implant denture treatment without the need for advanced preparatory tissue grafts
- To more quickly replace teeth with less time off for healing
Benefits of Tooth Replacement with Mini Implants
There is no such thing as one size fits all when it comes to dental care. Before we recommend mini dental implants, we’ll review your specific case. Some of the benefits of tooth replacement with mini implants include:
- Less invasive treatment process – the smaller implant posts require significantly less invasive placement procedures, and they typically make it possible for patients to receive restoration without the need for preparatory procedures like tissue grafts.
- Improved success rates – the smaller size means it takes less time for the implant to fuse with the gum and jawbone, and it improves success rates even for those patients who may not otherwise be candidates for dental implants.
- Shorter healing times – because the placement procedure is less invasive, healing time is shorter, reducing risk for infection and other complications.
- Faster overall treatment time – the total treatment time, even for advanced implant supported denture restoration plans, is significantly diminished. In fact, many people can have their final restoration designed on the day their mini implant posts are placed.
- Budget-friendly solution – their smaller size also means that mini implant posts are more affordable than traditional implants, making mini implant restorations the budget-friendly tooth replacement option.