Dental Crowns in Falls Church
If you need a dental crown to restore a severely damaged or decayed tooth, we’ve got great news. The procedure for dental crowns can be performed in just one day at Tysons Dental Esthetics. Let us save your tooth from extraction and relieve you of your discomfort with a crown in a day in Falls Church -- continue reading to learn more about this restorative procedure.
What Is a Dental Crown?
A dental crown is a thin covering that fits directly over a damaged or decayed tooth. It can be used to fix a number of dental imperfections, including:
- Holding together a cracked or broken tooth
- Restoring a tooth from significant decay when a simple filling is not possible
- As the final restoration in a root canal
- Replacing a single missing tooth (retained by a dental implant)
Dental crowns may also be used for making cosmetic improvements to teeth that show in the smile (the “smile teeth”). The size, shape, and color of teeth can be enhanced or restored with a ceramic dental crown.
How Do Same Day Crowns Work?
Traditionally, dental crowns were constructed in a separate facility and then shipped back to the dentist’s office for final placement. This method required two or more appointments, with weeks spent waiting in between. The temporary crown worn during this time was prone to breakage and often required emergency reparation.
With CEREC, or chairside economical reconstruction of esthetic ceramics, your dentist can prepare for, create, and place your dental crown in just one visit. The milling machine uses 3D imagery to create your new crown from a single block of beautiful ceramic. Dental crowns created with CEREC last as long as those manufactured in a separate lab.
What Are the Benefits of CEREC?
Crowns in a day offer a number of benefits for patients who require restorative care.
- Efficiency. Same day dentistry reduces the amount of time you have to block off for dental care, so you can get back to living your life with a fully restored smile more quickly.
- Improved results. Because CEREC uses digital imagery, your dentist has a more accurate view of your affected tooth and all its surrounding structures. This precision aids in treatment planning, for a better-fitting device overall.
- Increased comfort. 3D images eliminate the need for messy impressions, a feature patients with sensitive gag reflexes especially appreciate.
- No need for temporaries. Weak and unreliable, temporary devices often break before the permanent crown is ready, requiring additional visits to the dentist. These temporary crowns are not matched to the rest of the teeth and are often highly noticeable in the smile.
Caring for Your Same Day Crown
After you’ve had your one-visit crown placed, you should maintain solid dental hygiene habits to keep the area beneath and around the crown healthy and to prevent tooth decay and gum disease. Brush your teeth for two minutes, twice a day, and floss once every day -- especially focusing on the area around the base of the crown. Visit your dentist as recommended to practice appropriate preventive dental care.
Schedule Your Appointment Today!
You can experience efficiency in restorative dentistry -- you just need a dentist that makes use of CEREC technology. Contact our office today to schedule an appointment with your dentist in Falls Church VA, Dr. Berrada or Dr. Siegel.