Dental Crowns in Tysons
If you need a dental crown to restore a severely damaged or decayed tooth, we’ve got great news. The procedure for dental crowns can be performed in just one day at Tysons Dental Esthetics. Let us save your tooth from extraction and relieve you of your discomfort with a crown in a day in Tysons and Falls Church -- continue reading to learn more about this restorative procedure.
What Is a Dental Crown?
A dental crown is a thin covering that fits directly over a damaged or decayed tooth. It can be used to fix a number of dental imperfections, including:
- Holding together a cracked or broken tooth
- Restoring a tooth from significant decay when a filling would not suffice
- As the final restoration after a root canal
- Replacing a single missing tooth (retained by a dental implant)
- Dental crowns can also be used for making cosmetic improvements to teeth that show in the smile (the “smile zone”). The size, shape, and color of teeth can be enhanced or restored with a ceramic dental crown.
Two dental crowns can actually be used to form a dental bridge in order to replace a single missing tooth or a few in a row. To do this, crowns are placed on both of the teeth surrounding the missing ones, and these are then bonded to prosthetic teeth to “bridge” the gap. This will not only restore the smile’s appearance, but it will also prevent the remaining teeth from shifting into the gap (which happens often after tooth loss).