February 15, 2017
The further technology advances, the less we realize how lucky we are. In ancient times, the ‘chief toother’ often used spells and poisons to deal with oral problems. Fortunately, we’ve traveled a good distance from those dark times to having some very excellent solutions in dealing with oral health, such as tooth loss. If you are suffering from the loss of a tooth or even several of them, dental implants may be the kind of magic you are looking for. Dr. Berrada and Dr. Glickman of Tysons Dental Esthetics are experts in the field of oral health. Your dentist in Falls Church has the power and the desire to help you get your smile back to the brightest and boldest it can be.
What Is A Dental Implant?
In order to replace a tooth, a strong foundation needs to be created first. A screw or post made from biocompatible material such as titanium or zirconia (the implant itself) is placed directly into the gum and bone tissue. The placement into the jaw automatically begins a natural fusion process that’s better known as osseointegration. Once the jaw has healed, a custom restoration will be placed over the implant. Whether a crown, dental bridge or denture is applied, the final result looks just like real tooth enamel.
What Are The Benefits to Dental Implants?
There are many reasons that dental implants are considered the first choice in tooth restoration. Here are a few:
- Simulates the look of real tooth enamel: Dental implants are strong, stable and look exactly like a real tooth.
- Built to last: Traditional bridges only last 5-7 years, but dental implants are built to last a lifetime with proper care.
- Enjoy life again: No need to feel self-conscious about missing teeth or worried that removable dentures will loosen or fall out when you eat, drink, or laugh.
- Retain natural face shape and smile: Missing teeth can cause the face to appear sunken and sad over time. Dental implants help maintain the natural shape of your face and smile.
- Protect healthy bone: When the jawbone is not being used to support teeth, it can deteriorate. Dental implants help maintain and stimulate healthy jawbone.
- Permanent: There are no worries about bridges or dentures falling out at the wrong times, as they remain permanently in your mouth just as your natural teeth do.
- Speech: Dental implants feel and operate no differently than your normal teeth. This means you will not have to adjust to them when you speak as you often do with removable dentures or bridges.
- Eat your favorites foods: There are no limitations to diet with dental implants, as they can manage any foods you would normally eat.
- No cavities: You will not have to worry about decay in an implant-restored crown. However, it’s still important to maintain proper oral hygiene and dental visits.
- Reliable: Dental implants are considered a reliable and predictable method of tooth restoration.
If you are missing one or more teeth, dental implants in Falls Church are a recommended long-term solution over choosing a traditional dental bridge or denture. At Tysons Dental Esthetics, we are committed to bringing you a secure and permanent alternative to help you achieve the winning smile you deserve. If you have questions or would like to set up a consultation, please call us today.
No comments yet.
RSS feed for comments on this post.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.